How to apply for Karnataka Ration Card online? The Government of Karnataka is also operating the ration card scheme of its residents like the government of other states of India. Under which the Government of Karnataka issues a ration card in the name of the head of the poor family of his state and provides them food items like wheat, rice, pulses, oil, etc. at low prices. But the state was still not getting the benefit of this scheme because all the families in the state still do not have a ration card, due to which they could not get ration at the cheaper prices provided by the government.
Now keeping this in mind, the Karnataka government has started the online application process to get new ration cards for the families of their state who do not have ration cards. Today, we are going to tell you through this article. So if you are also a citizen of Karnataka state, whose ration card is not made. So, following the information given below in our article, you can apply for Karnataka Ration Card online to get your ration card made.
What is a Ration Card
Ration card is a government document issued by the public distribution system of almost every state of India in the name of the head of the family. There are mainly 3 types of ration cards. According to which ration is provided to the poor family at a lower price than the market.
Ration card is issued in the name of the head of the family, which also includes the names of all other eligible family members. Therefore, the use of this card is considered to be the most important document used as an identification card for identifying the family along with taking ration on the subsidy.
Karnataka Ration Card Online Form
Karnataka is often implementing many schemes for the better future of the poor citizens of its state. But these schemes are mainly linked to such poor families of the state who have a ration card. Simply put, the government runs schemes especially for the families of the state who have ration cards.
Now, to enable everyone to get the benefit of government schemes run by the government, the Karnataka government has started the process of making ration cards. So that all the poor families of the state can get this card easily and take advantage of government schemes. You will read about the whole process of making a ration card below –
Types of Karnataka Ration Card
There are mainly 3 types which are issued on the basis of the annual income of the head of the family, which you will read in detail below –
BPL Ration Card
It is a pink-colored ration card. Which is released to the poor families of the state who are living below the poverty line? Those who do not have any means of income nor do their own land so that they can maintain themselves and their families in a nurturing manner. Through the state’s public distribution system, 35 kg rations such as wheat, rice, pulses, gram, etc. are made available to the cardholder family who has been issued this card. Only citizens of the state whose annual income is less than 1000 can apply for Karnataka Ration Card.
Antyodaya Ration Card
This is a yellow ration card issued to such families of the state who are living in the poverty line. 25 kg ration is provided on this ration card.
APL Ration Card
This is usually an orange-colored ration card. Which is mainly issued as their identity card for the state citizens. Any citizen of the state can apply Karnataka Ration Card to get this.
Documents required for Karnataka Ration Card
The Karnataka government has prescribed some necessary documents to get this important document, which the applicant should have to make this card. You can see the list of important documents below –
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Passport size photo
- income certificate
- Electricity bill receipt
- Family members basis
- mobile number
Karnataka Ration Card Usage
Below are some points for where the citizens of Karnataka state can use it –
- To get ration on subsidy from the State Public Distribution System shop.
- This card can be used for identity cards.
- You can use it to open a bank account.
- Other government documents can be used to make it.
How to apply for Karnataka Ration Card online?
If you are a citizen of Karnataka State, but you have not yet applied to get Karnataka Ration Card. So now you must apply for Karnataka Ration Card by following some steps given below. So that in future you can easily take advantage of the upcoming schemes of the government. So let’s know about the whole process of ration card application –
- For Karnataka Ration Card, first of all, go to your state government’s public distribution system official website https://ahara.kar.nic.in.
- On coming to the website, you will find some options in the corner, where you have to click on the option of e-ration card.
- When you click on the e-ration card option, you will get the new ration card option where you have to click.
- Now a page will open in front of you here. In which to choose the language like we have selected the Hindi language. You can do English etc. according to you.
- You will get 3 different options while choosing the language. Where you have to click on the option of requesting a new ration card. And here you have to choose the option of Non-Primary Household (NPHH). As you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now here you have to enter your Aadhaar card number and Aadhaar linked mobile number and click on Go option.
- On clicking GO, you will get an OTP on your mobile number, with the help of which you have to verify it.
- Here you will get a form attached to the Karnataka Ration Card as soon as you verify. In which all the information asked has to be filled correctly, and the requested document has to be uploaded.
- After uploading all the information and necessary documents, you have to submit the form.
- Here you will get the ration card number as soon as you submit the form. Which you have to note down and keep in its proper place.
- In this way, you will be applied for Karnataka Ration Card.
How to check Karnataka Ration Card Status
If you want to check the status of your ration after applying for the Karnataka Ration Card. So you can check and follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you have to go to the website https://ahara.kar.nic.in.
- Here you have to click On the e-ration card. clicking here, you will see the option of ration card status. Which you have to click on.
- Here you will get a form type as soon as you click on the status of the ration card. Which you can see below. Here you have to enter RC number and click on Go.
- On clicking Go, the status of your ration card will come out here.
How to see your name in Karnataka Ration Card Scheme List?
- It is run by the Karnataka state government. To see your name in the Karnataka Ration Card Scheme List 2023, first, you have to visit the official website of the department https://ahara.kar.nic.in/home.aspx. If you wish, you can also visit the website by clicking here.
- After reaching the website, a list of the names of all the districts of the state will open in front of you, here you will have to click on the name of your district.
- As soon as you click on the name of your district, a new page will open in front of you. Here you have to click on the name of your taluka.
- In the next step, a list of all the FPD Shops in your area will be opened before you. Here you have to click on your FPD Shops.
- As soon as you click on the name of FPD Shops. Under that FPD Shops, you will see information about the names, their addresses, card types, and card numbers of all the ration cardholders who have benefited.
- Here you have to see the details of the name of your or your family member. Here you have to click on the ration card number.
- As soon as you click on the ration card number. You will get full details about the ration card. You can print it and keep it safe with you.
Through today’s article, how to apply for Karnataka Ration Card online? And has told you in detail about how to check its status. I hope you know how to apply for Karnataka Ration Card in this article. Complete information about it must have been found. And you must have successfully applied for a ration card.
- 1 What is a Ration Card
- 2 Karnataka Ration Card Online Form
- 3 Types of Karnataka Ration Card
- 4 BPL Ration Card
- 5 Antyodaya Ration Card
- 6 APL Ration Card
- 7 Documents required for Karnataka Ration Card
- 8 Karnataka Ration Card Usage
- 9 How to apply for Karnataka Ration Card online?
- 10 How to check Karnataka Ration Card Status
- 11 How to see your name in Karnataka Ration Card Scheme List?